Kilbourne Group was founded in 2006 by Doug Burgum with the mission of providing data-driven thought leadership on the revitalization, sustainable growth, and redevelopment of Fargo, North Dakota’s downtown core. Our team is guided by the principle that vibrant downtowns create smart, healthy cities.
We are recruiting a Chief Financial Officer to join our dynamic, high-performance team.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will serve as a key member of the Kilbourne Group leadership team and will be an important strategic partner to the President in this growing organization. The CFO will be a highly analytical, results-oriented and visionary finance professional who will have overall responsibility for financial leadership of the company.
The CFO will lead a team to achieve excellence across the accounting, finance, treasury, and analysis functions. Under the leadership of the CFO, Kilbourne Group manages a private equity fund of $60 million growing to over $150 million that consists of several mixed-use projects; from development, to construction, to operation.
• Create a vision that inspires those who work for and around you to participate actively in key goals, objectives and the overall mission.
• Participate in the development of Kilbourne Group’s growth strategy; serve as a source of competitive and market intelligence and general economic outlook. Key input into strategic decisions for the organization.
• Develops finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
• Oversee the evaluation of potential real estate acquisitions, including management of due diligence process and leading project teams of relevant internal functional leads and external consultants.
• Maximizes return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities; maintaining relationships with the investment community.
• Understand the company business model for generating customer value and translate the operational metrics into measures of performance.
• MBA, CPA or graduate finance degree required
• 7-10+ years progressive experience in financial planning, financial modeling and analysis functions including annual budget, capital budgeting, long-term strategic planning and resource allocation processes
• 5+ years leading teams responsible for financial planning and analysis
• Experience or strong knowledge within development and real estate acquisitions, particularly in identifying and qualifying target opportunities strongly preferred
• Ability to adapt to and excel in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication skills with capability to discuss overall company strategy and detailed financial results with sophisticated lenders
• Able to lead complex and demanding projects
• Superb attention to detail and ability to focus on the “big picture”
• Excellent initiative and ability to multi-task and manage numerous simultaneous priorities
• Outstanding management and team building skills with direct reports and cross-functional colleagues
Please submit cover letter and resume via firstname.lastname@example.org.