SUCCESSFUL KILBOURNE GROUP TEAM MEMBERS SHARE THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS:
Trust… invest in your fellow team members and do what you say you will do
Commitment to a “go above and beyond” attitude
Innovation… a creative problem solver that works across teams
Curiosity… express curiosity and reserve judgment
Achievement… love results and make no excuses
Lead the Marketing & Leasing Team in developing strategies and executing tactics that promote and maintain the Kilbourne Group brand. Create client pitches and marketing campaigns that result in successful leases, differentiating the Kilbourne Group from the competition through innovative and strategic marketing initiatives. Responsible for achieving occupancy and revenue goals of each property through leading the leasing team, various initiatives, campaigns, programs and events. Responsible for accurate reporting of leasing statistics and variance to goals.
• Position KG as a leader in commercial real estate marketing through innovation, strategy, communication and design.
• Develop and execute marketing strategy for each Kilbourne Group project
• Review current marketing materials to ensure consistency and adherence to established brand guidelines.
• Develop Marketing Plan for each asset which should include
o The development of branding, asset positioning, collateral material and advertising
o The development of leasing strategies
o Coordination marketing and leasing strategy with Project & Asset Management
• Oversee marketing-related action items for new acquisitions
• Stay abreast of current and evolving commercial real estate marketing and advertising trends and methodologies.
• Develops marketing concepts, pitch strategies, designs/outlines materials and writes content for client pitches and proposals.
• Employs both standard marketing techniques as well as new, creative marketing concepts, methods and platforms appropriate for commercial real estate that continually raise the bar
• When needed, attend client facing meetings and aid team in presenting pitches
• Engages with the marketing & leasing team to share best practices and collaborate, bringing higher effectiveness and efficiency to marketing.
• Proactively communicates and shares marketing best practices with the team, fostering creativity and innovation.
• Manages property marketing budgets
• Oversees internal and external marketing related communications and promotions including media relations, social and online content and advertising.
• Responsible for providing direction, leading and motivating direct reports, including providing training, coaching, and performance feedback.
• Oversees tracking and reporting of marketing success and efficiency metrics to the Leadership Team
• Develop and execute leasing strategy
• Guide the activities and operations of the leasing team to ensure that property and investment objectives are met
• Oversee and assist when necessary with leasing paperwork and processes such as lease agreements, outside commission requests and TI approval
• Manage process from prospect and negotiations stage through term of lease
• Maintain an accurate and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the properties, particularly in areas such as rent and pricing information, vacant inventory, lease expirations, market comps and conditions, etc.
• Monitor all current and future vacancies to proactively react to future occupancy needs; review regularly with leadership
• Proactively review inventory that is slow to lease and work with leadership and property management to develop strategies to improve property performance
• Assist Operations in implementing tenant retention and renewal programs
• Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance, marketing, business or related field, MBA a plus
• A passion for real estate and ability to act independently and proactively, and thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, social, fast paced environment
• Commercial Real Estate, Architecture or Engineering industry experience preferred.
• 2+ years previous experience managing teams required
• Proven track record of developing winning strategies, pitches, presentations, and campaigns.
• Proficiency across marketing channels including online, print, social and events.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and an excellent problem solver.
• Strategic agility – anticipates future; shares vision; breakthrough plans/strategies.
• Drive for results – Consistent performer; bottom-line focus; pushes self and others.
• Customer focus – Seeks and meets customer needs; maintains trusted relationships.
• Collaborating and Motivating others – Leads and empowers others; inspires; people like to work with and for them.
• Thorough understanding of real estate concepts and metrics
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities