Full time / Fargo, ND
Oversees and manages construction projects from conception to completion, to ensure a highly efficient project is completed on time and within budget.
Complete Project Manager Activities
- Maintains positive relationships with the project team.
- Acts as a leader/ advisor by providing direction and support to the project team.
- Works with Construction Manager, Superintendent, and subcontractors to identify and resolve field issues.
- Works with Construction Manager and Superintendent to prescreen and hire sub-contractors.
- Assists Construction Manager and Superintendent with the initial setup and start of construction projects.
- Assists in the permit process by visiting local jurisdictions, by establishing and maintaining relationships with the local jurisdictions.
- If needed, travel to designated job sites, either independently or with Construction Manager and/or Superintendent, to ensure compliance with KCM’s quality standards throughout course of project.
- Manage project budget.
- Plan and schedule project timelines.
- Monitor and report progress to owner’s representative.
- Implement and manage project changes.
- Complete project evaluations and assessments.
Completes Project Manager Activities as Needed
- Coordinates all subcontractor work with Superintendent.
- Responds to Superintendent’s field questions regarding contractors, materials, supplies, etc.
- Verifies with Construction Manager, Project Coordinator that contractor insurance requirements are met prior to start of job.
- Communicates with Construction team of shipping and storage arrangement options as necessary.
- Coordinate product shipping and deliveries with Superintendent.
- Contacts and/or responds to accounting and procurement staff questions related to project coordination.
- Assists with resolving project related issues.
- Continuously reviews status of project with Construction Manager, and communicates any project changes.
- Completes inventory of materials upon project completion.
- Determines disposition of leftover materials with Construction Manager.
- Reviews and approves subcontractor progress payments with constriction team.
- Identifies and resolves process problems.
- Ensures and coordinates all safety procedures are in place through Superintendent.
- Uphold communication between Construction Manager, Project Coordinator, Superintendent, inspectors, subcontractors and suppliers.
Provides Technical Supervision to Subcontractors as Needed
- Assigns and delegates responsibilities and provides work direction.
- Assists with the day to day operation of subcontractors to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Enforce safety guideline to subcontractors.
- Ensures timely completion of each trade and overall project schedule.
- Study and understand blue prints in detail.
- Coordination and sequencing of trade work.
- Provide clerical support and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain organization of documents for quick reference.
- Ensures weekly schedule updates.
- Consistent with e-mail/ verbal communications with Construction Manager and construction team.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management and/or a minimum of 7 plus years experience in commercial, mixed use construction required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of commercial, mixed use construction projects from start to finish.
- Skill in organizing resources and delegating/directing the work of others.
- Computer skills to include, Microsoft office, Outlook, and Project preferred.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA and safety regulations.
- Ability to effectively read blueprints.
- Ability to make well-reasoned and timely decisions.
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
SUCCESSFUL KILBOURNE TEAM MEMBERS SHARE THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS:
- Trust…invest in your fellow team members and do what you say you will do.
- Commitment to a “go above and beyond” attitude.
- Innovation… a creative problem solver that works across teams.
- Curiosity…express curiosity and reserve judgment.
- Achievement… love results and make no excuses.