Full time / Fargo, ND
Establishes financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting accurate and timely financial information, conforming to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability or other financial activities. This position supervises the Accounting Specialist position.
Responsibilities vary depending on the scope and magnitude of the project but will typically include the following:
- Assist in the company’s monthly and annual closing.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of the financial statements.
- Prevent inaccuracies in financial statements by setting up internal control systems and adopting proper policies for financial reporting.
- Prepare various accounting reports for leadership and make suitable observations and recommendations.
- Review financial data for all companies managed to ensure fairness and completeness of the data.
- Assist in preparation of budgets and financial reports and their evaluation.
- Prepare & present monthly budget variance reports for Centric residential properties to management team.
- Develop proper operational, data documentation and troubleshooting procedures.
- Manage and develop Accounting Specialist personnel.
- Maintain general ledger to include the preparation of journal entries.
- Maintain schedules required for annual audit and tax returns.
- Ensure that monthly recurring entries, including prepaids, accruals, deferrals, and property management related transactions, are based on accurate and supportable data.
- Conduct account reconciliations and analysis.
- Process intercompany transactions and reconcile intercompany postings.
- Ensure that accounts receivable and payables are managed and monitored in a timely manner.
- Monitor tenant security deposit activity to ensure proper balances are maintained in reserve accounts.
- Assist in completion of ND Rent Help applications.
- Review residential leasing bonus criteria ensuring deliverables are met.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. CPA Preferred. 7 years progressive experience. Yardi experience a plus.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Maintains confidentiality; Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability/Initiative – Follow instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Judgement – Exhibits sound and accurate judgement; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plan work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality/Quantity – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.