Commercial Agent, KCR
Full time / Fargo, ND
Kilbourne Group is composed of a dedicated team of professionals who are passionate about our belief that vibrant downtowns create smart, healthy cities. Our team understands that designing a strong core with active, walkable streets is essential to the health and well-being of our community, and that creating mixed-use infill projects economically is the smartest way for a city to grow. Our team believes creating a vibrant downtown begins right here with us. That’s why we’re inspired and committed to making downtown the best place to live, work, and play.
Responsible for leasing functions in the portfolio of properties, which includes the procurement of tenants, reviewing and negotiating lease transactions and agreements. Oversees completion of all necessary paperwork and ensures proper customer service. This role focuses on improving Kilbourne Group’s market position to fill both commercial retail and office space to achieve financial growth. Maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
Partner with marketing and communication teams to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue and increase brand awareness. Identify potential new leads, with the goal of ultimately converting them into customers.
Responsibilities vary depending on the scope and magnitude of the project but will typically include the following:
New Business Development
- Identify and develop potential commercial and retail tenants by growing, maintaining, and leveraging a network
- Develop a rapport and build relationships with new prospects by identifying, defining and exploring solutions for their needs
- Participate in pricing the solution; increase revenue
- Manage process from prospect and negotiations stage through term of lease
- Assist with identifying and acquiring properties aligned with the organization’s vision
- Manage existing customer relationships to ensure highest levels of satisfaction
- Present new offerings and enhance existing relationships
Management and Research
- At times, this role will assume a lead role within the KCRE Team environment and at other times actively participate in a support role; depending on the project.
- Ensure sales and leasing data is accurately entered and managed within our CRM system
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets
- Work with marketing team to ensure that prerequisites are fulfilled within a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance, business or related field, MBA a plus
Skills and Abilities
- A passion for real estate and ability to act independently and proactively, and thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, social, fast paced environment
- Minimum 3 years of diverse commercial real estate experience
- North Dakota or Minnesota real estate license (reciprocity)
- Flexible hours, including periodic evening work as needed
- Ability to act independently and proactively, multitask and thrive in the busiest of environments
- Demonstrate professional communication skills – both oral and written. Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills; being tactful, courteous, and diplomatic
- Maintains confidentiality at all times
- Creative problem solver that effectively works across teams
- Fully shares the credit for team accomplishments
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and a sense of urgency
- Commitment to a “go above and beyond” attitude
- Embraces change as an opportunity for growth
- Demonstrates respect, professionalism, flexibility and open-mindedness
- Recognizes that choices create outcomes
- Understand that all impressions and interactions count
- Participates in building and maintaining internal and external collaborations
- Committed to expanding internal capacity through continuous learning and professional development
In addition to the functions described above, this role may include other responsibilities and duties as assigned, based upon Kilbourne Group LLC needs and or requirements.