Construction Project Manager
Full time / Fargo, ND
Oversees and manages construction projects from conception to completion to ensure a highly efficient project is completed on time and within budget.
Responsibilities vary depending on the scope and magnitude of the project but may typically include the following:
- Lead and manage overall construction budget and schedule during DD, CD and CA
- Lead design team for DD and CD
- Assist in constructability review of Structural Design, Mechanical, Electrical and coordination of tenant fit-out needs
- Implement company standards
- Establish and manage project budget
- Prescreen and hire sub-contractors
- Monitor sub-contractors
- Write and manage contracts
- Review sub-contractor pay requests
- Assist in preconstruction services during PD/SD
- Lead closeout process
- Maintain document control processes
- Other duties as assigned
Environment – While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to frequently inspect the projects and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud. This position may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of the job, the team member is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The individual is frequently required to use their hands, occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The team member must also occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management and/or a minimum of 5-plus years experience in commercial, mixed-use construction required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and ProCore are a plus.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Maintains confidentiality; Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability/Initiative – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Judgement – Exhibits sound and accurate judgement; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plan work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality/Quantity – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.