Full time / Fargo, ND
Oversees and manages all aspects of a build site, to ensure a highly efficient project is completed safely, on time and within budget.
Responsibilities vary depending on the scope and magnitude of the project but may typically include the following:
- Provide leadership, establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships with project subcontractors.
- Promote professional, respectful project morale.
- Have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of the subcontracts, the contract drawings, specifications and addenda.
- Assist the project manager in the development, refinement and enforcement of the project schedule:
- Develop 4-6 week forecast with input and buy-in from the subcontractors.
- Maintain the schedules and ensure the project meets the various required dates.
- Maintain onsite quality control procedures.
- Layout field office, temporary utilities, staging areas, equipment and personnel.
- Chair weekly jobsite meetings with the subcontractors reviewing the previous week’s progress, the current week’s issues and challenges, and dictate, discuss and coordinate the project forecast.
- Maintain good relations and communications with all involved in the project, including the public.
- Provide leadership regarding onsite safety program and enforcement.
Environment – While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to frequently inspect the projects and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud. This position may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of the job, the team member is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The individual is frequently required to use their hands, occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The team member must also occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management and/or a minimum of 10-plus years experience in commercial, and/or mixed-use construction required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and ProCore are a plus.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Maintains confidentiality; Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability/Initiative – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Judgement – Exhibits sound and accurate judgement; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plan work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality/Quantity – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.