Full time / Fargo, ND
The Controller will be accountable for all accounting operations, to include the production of monthly financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results. Works closely with the leadership team to stay abreast of financial status, support financial decisions, and monitor financial data. This position supervises the accounting team.
Responsibilities vary depending on the scope and magnitude of the project but will typically include the following:
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards.
- Maintains and enforces a documented system of accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Prepares budgets and monitor by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Oversee and support accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity.
- Assist CFO and Director of Finance with lender relationships and financing activity as requested.
- Coordinates annual audits and preparation of annual tax returns with outside accounting firm.
- Ensure that accounts receivable and payable are managed and monitored in a timely manner.
- Maintain the chart of accounts, accounting filing system and a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to leadership.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting or business administration with an emphasis in accounting
- CPA license highly preferred
- 7-10+ years of accounting experience, including management experience. Real Estate accounting experience a plus.
- Must have experience with Yardi ERP software