Vice President of Development and Construction
Full time / Fargo, ND
Kilbourne Group is composed of a dedicated team of professionals who are passionate about our belief that vibrant downtowns create smart, healthy cities. Our team understands that designing a strong core with active, walkable streets is essential to the health and well-being of our community, and that creating mixed-use infill projects economically is the smartest way for a city to grow. Our team believes creating a vibrant downtown begins right here with us. That’s why we’re inspired and committed to making downtown the best place to live, work, and play.
The primary focus of this key role will be to provide leadership and oversight to the Development and Construction Team. This position reports to the company president.
- Directs and is responsible for development and implementation of Design and Milestone Process
- Create and ensure the Development and KCM Team deliver on their essential functions
- Manage the checklist for vendor contracts to outline scope of work and manage risk for KCM and Kilbourne Group
- Develop and support a qualified vendor network resulting in improved efficiency, quality and cost-effectiveness
- Ensure the team have goals and priorities that deliver on budget, schedule and design quality
- Provide key information for leadership to make appropriate go/no go milestone decision during project design process
- Verify and manage the performance of Development and KCM Team incentive functions
- Provide weekly, monthly, and annual updates to leadership team on project schedules, budget and design
In addition to the functions described above, this role may include other responsibilities and duties as assigned, based upon Kilbourne Group LLC / Kilbourne Construction Management needs and or requirements.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction, Architecture or related field with an advanced degree in Business/Management/Finance/Construction Management or a related field preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the direct management of complex real estate projects with responsibility for site analysis, permitting and approvals, budget control, estimating, design and construction coordination, and project scheduling.
- Ability to act independently and proactively, multitask and thrive in the busiest of environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative problem solver that effectively works across teams
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and a sense of urgency
- Demonstrates respect, professionalism, flexibility and open-mindedness; maintains confidentiality at all times
- Committed to expanding internal capacity through continuous learning and professional development