Information Technology Specialist
Full time / Fargo, ND
The IT Specialist is responsible for providing prompt, effective service to Kilbourne companies and related parties by overseeing and delivering IT services. This is a technical and dynamic role, capable of delivering solutions spanning the entire organization’s technology solution. Additionally, the Specialist will contribute or lead assigned technology projects to enhance business functions, add long-term value, or reduce costs. They are expected to maintain cutting edge professional skills utilizing available documentation, education programs, and a continuous-learning mindset to address issues and projects assigned to them.
Responsibilities vary depending on the scope and magnitude of the project but will typically include the following:
- User Support
- Respond to and complete service requests in a timely manner
- Provide ongoing training regarding best practices and new features
- Communicate outages and impacts
- Provide technology assistance for employee projects or meetings
- Building Services
- Configure and maintain CCTV (security camera) solutions
- Configure and maintain network infrastructure
- Manage ISP service or incidents
- Manage voice, television, and room management systems
- Network administration:
- Maintain networks to provide exceptional service quality
- Firmware updates
- Hardware updates
- Update configurations to improve service quality
- Resolve network incidents in a timely manner
- Security administration
- Firewall and network architecture
- Endpoint protection
- Threat identification, resolution or escalation
- Spam / Phishing policy management
- Data retention and access management
- Software administration
- Windows 10/11
- Microsoft 365 Business administration
- Exchange, Sharepoint / OneDrive, Teams, Azure AD, Intune MDM
- Other business software, including Bluebeam, Autocad, Zoom, Adobe CC
- Website hosting and domain management
- Hardware administration
- Procure, configure, and decommission based on company policies
- Install required business software
- Maintain Mobile Device Management (MDM) configuration for corporate and applicable employee devices
- Provide workstation configuration (monitors, stands, docks)
- Configure and maintain Teams or Zoom Rooms
- Keep accurate records of company inventory and assignment to employees
- Account and Access management
- Configure employee software accounts
- Set access controls based on employee permissions and approved access requests
- Maintain controlled onboarding / offboarding of employees in coordination with HR
- Business Continuity
- Ensure corporate data is backed up in a redundant fashion
- Maintain recovery procedures for software systems
Assist in ongoing development of policies and procedures
- 5+ years’ experience in enterprise application, device, and infrastructure management
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft O365 system and administrative functions
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Maintains confidentiality; Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability/Initiative – Follow instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Judgement – Exhibits sound and accurate judgement; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plan work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality/Quantity – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.