Construction Project Manager – Kilbourne Construction Management
Full time / Fargo, ND
REPORTS TO: VP DEV & CONSTRUCTION
Oversees and manages construction projects from pre-construction to project completion, to ensure a highly efficient project is completed on time and within budget.
Responsibilities vary depending on the scope and magnitude of the project but may typically include the following:
- Lead and manage overall construction budget and schedule during DD, CD and CA responding to information and updates provided by subcontractors and KCM superintendents, providing monthly updates to project teams and subcontractors as required by contracts
- Lead KCM preconstruction for DD and CD on new construction projects as assigned
- Assist in code review with city
- Assist in Structural and Mechanical systems review/implementation
- Coordinate landlord work
- Manage adherence to KCM Constructability standards implemented in the project designs
- Establish and manage project budget
- Establish and manage project meeting protocols and communication practices for those impacted by the project
- Prescreen and hire sub-contractors
- Manage sub-contractors and adherence to contracts
- Assist in writing and managing contracts, defining contract values, scopes, and schedules as necessary.
- Review sub-contractor pay requests ensuring accuracy
- Lead project close out, setting clear expectations and providing formal handoff processes for construction projects
- Provide preconstruction services during PD/SD, including budget and constructability reviews
- Lead punch-list process and ensure scope of punch list is being efficiently handled, communicated, and addressed
- Manage submittals/RFIs/RFPs, etc. using Procore
- Other duties as assigned.
Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently inspect the projects and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud. This position may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must also occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management and/or a minimum of 7 plus years experience in commercial, mixed use construction required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Maintains confidentiality; Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability/Initiative – Follow instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Judgement – Exhibits sound and accurate judgement; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plan work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality/Quantity – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.