KCM Preconstruction Project Manager
Full time / Fargo, ND
REPORTS TO: VP DEV & CONSTRUCTION
Specializes in preconstruction services for design phases of construction projects, adding constructability direction, estimating, cost efficiency, project logistics/planning and securing early strategic partnerships with key vendors and subcontractors.
Responsibilities vary depending on the scope and magnitude of the project but may typically include the following:
- Lead and manage overall construction budget and schedule during the design and preconstruction phases of projects
- Lead construction team’s estimating effort, with support from other team members.
- Provide input and strategic construction planning for future development projects
- Supports Development team in constructability reviews, project Pro Forma development and initial financial modeling of projects
- Cultivate and maintains strategic partnerships and relationships with vendors, subcontractors or other project partners, gaining efficiency in construction methods and project sourcing and buyout
- Acts as point of constructability review and early strategic logistic planning for project development
- Oversees Right of Way Use and construction logistics planning agreements with City of Fargo or other outside partners in projects.
- Seeks out and plans for implementation of innovative construction methods and processes to increase efficiencies in project delivery
- Facilitates and assists in design method strategy for structural, MEP, and other key project components
- Implement and assist in maintenance of Kilbourne Group standards
- Assist in prescreen and hiring of sub-contractors
- Assist in scope buyout and vetting of initial project contracts
- Assist in writing and managing Conditional Notifications to Proceed letters and Contracts
- Provide Project Management assistance in specialty projects or project supporting scopes as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Environment – While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently inspect the projects and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud. This position may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must also occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management and/or a minimum of 7 plus years experience in commercial, mixed use construction required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Maintains confidentiality; Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability/Initiative – Follow instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Judgement – Exhibits sound and accurate judgement; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plan work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality/Quantity – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.