SUCCESSFUL KILBOURNE GROUP TEAM MEMBERS SHARE THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS:
Trust… invest in your fellow team members and do what you say you will do
Commitment to a “go above and beyond” attitude
Innovation… a creative problem solver that works across teams
Curiosity… express curiosity and reserve judgment
Achievement… love results and make no excuses
Oversees and manages all aspects of a build site, to ensure a highly efficient project is completed on time and within budget.
• Provide leadership, establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships with project subcontractors.
• Promote professional, respectful project morale
• Have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of the subcontracts, the contract drawings, specifications and addenda
• Assist the project manager in the development, refinement and enforcement of the project schedule.
o Develop 2-week look ahead with input and buy-in from the subcontractors.
o Maintain the schedules and ensure the project meets the various required dates.
• Maintain onsite quality control procedures
• Layout field office, temporary utilities, staging areas, equipment and manpower.
• Coordinate, direct, monitor and inspect the activities of subcontractors and suppliers.
• Direct and cooperate with inspection agencies and perform remedial actions indicated by the reports of the AHJ.
• Chair weekly jobsite meetings with the subcontractors reviewing last week’s progress, this week’s issues and challenges, and dictate, discuss and coordinate the 2-week look ahead.
• Maintain good relations and communications with all involved in the project. This includes the public.
• Provide leadership regarding onsite safety program and enforcement.
• Acts a leader/ advisor while maintaining quality control to onsite subcontractors; promote professional, respectful project morale
• Communicates schedule with subcontractors by performing weekly job status meetings, attains weekly safety meeting checklists performed by subcontractors, and maintains project schedule, within budget, and within Kilbourne Group’s standards and specs.
• Works with Construction Management, Project Management, and subcontractors to identify and resolve field issues.
• Works with Construction Manager and Project Managers to prescreen and hire sub-contractors.
• Assists Construction Manager and Project Manager with the initial setup and start of construction projects.
• Ensures that Kilbourne Group’s quality standards are maintained on the jobsite.
• Request and support inspections by walking with inspectors/ addressing building inspections items/questions/concerns
Completes Construction Superintendent Activities as Needed
• Coordinates all subcontractor work; assists with resolving project related issues.
• Responds to field staff questions regarding contractors, initiates RFIs, materials, supplies, etc.
• Manage shipping and storage arrangement options as necessary.
• Coordinate product shipping and deliveries with subcontractors.
• Continuously reviews status of project with Construction Manager, Project Manager and communicates any project changes.
• Completes inventory of materials upon project completion.
• Submits daily reports to Construction Manager, Project Manager.
• Determines the disposing of leftover materials with Construction Manager, Project Manager.
• Reviews and approves subcontractor progress payments.
• Identifies and resolves process problems.
• Ensure all safety procedures are in place and adhered to on each project.
• Walk the job extensively to ensure quality control and safety standards are met.
• Schedule engineering testing in accordance with local jurisdiction codes.
• Build relationships/rapport with building officials and other inspectors.
• When needed, obtain or solicit bids for approval.
• Uphold communication between Construction Manager, Project Manager, inspectors, subcontractors and suppliers.
Provides Technical Supervision to Subcontractors as Needed
• Assigns and delegates responsibilities and provides work direction.
• Assists with the day to day operation of subcontractors to ensure all deadlines are met.
• Enforce safety guideline to subcontractors.
• Ensures timely completion of each trade and overall project schedule.
• Study and understand blue prints in detail.
• Coordination and sequencing of trade work.
• Conduct weekly progress meetings with all job foremen.
• Maintain organization of documents for quick reference.
• Ensures weekly schedule updates.
• Consistent with e-mail/ verbal communications with Construction Manager, Project Manager.
• Takes weekly job site photos of the job and forwards to Construction Manager/ Project Manager.
Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management preferred. Minimum of 10 plus years experience in commercial, mixed use construction required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Extensive knowledge of commercial, mixed use construction projects from start to finish.
• Skill in organizing resources and delegating/directing the work of others.
• Basic computer skills to include email, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Project. CW
• Strong knowledge of OSHA and safety regulations.
• Ability to effectively read blueprints.
• Ability to make well-reasoned and timely decisions.
• Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Maintains confidentiality at all times
• Creative problem solver that effectively works across teams
• Fully shares the credit for team accomplishments
• Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and a sense of urgency
• Commitment to a “go above and beyond” attitude
• Embraces change as an opportunity for growth
• Demonstrates flexibility and open-mindedness
• Recognizes that choices create outcomes
• Understand that all impressions and interactions count
• Participates in building and maintaining internal and external collaborations
• Ability to climb stairs and ladders
• Lift 50+ pounds
• Available after hours, as reasonable for emergency situations.
• Ability to be on your feet on for long-periods
• Ability to bend and reach for extended periods and/or confined spaces.